About me.
I've realized after that first post, that many of you may have stumbled upon my site, or are just friends that don't see me often enough to know some of the details about me.
I just graduated in May from Eastern Kentucky University (EKU) with a degree in Business: Administrative Communication & Services. Until August of this year, I had worked at Kroger and I was approaching the ten year aniversary working there. However, I felt like I needed to find a job that utilized my degree more, so I went job hunting but I wasn't having any luck, then one day a teacher I had for two of my business classes came into Kroger. She told me about an opening in the program she was working for and that I should apply because she thought I would be perfect. Much to my surprise, I was hired. Now I work for the McNair Scholars Program at EKU. I'm an administrative assistant, and though it isn't much, it's a start, plus I'll get free classes for working for EKU which means I can pursue a Master's for free and all the great benefits I receive.
I just got engaged to my beautiful girlfriend Katie. We're planning a wedding on June 25, 2005. Katie also graduated from EKU in May. She graduated with a degree in Elementary Education and she now teaches fourth grade. We moved in together in July and we are enjoying it, or at least I am (I can only speak for myself).
In our free time we watch movies and go to Karate. I'm a 3rd degree black belt and I also have the oppurtunity to teach some classes. Katie just started in May and is already a blue belt. Our other love is for movies. We watch one of our own, rent, or go out to movies several times a week. We currently own over 250 DVDs and box sets and the collection grows constantly.
Well that's me in a nutshell, well okay, that was more than a nutshell but hopefully this will help you understand any future posts I make.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home