Teacher Respect
I don't how teachers do it. If I had realized how much teachers have to go through just to teach, I would probably have been even nicer to some of them. I watch my fiancee struggle every week with some new stressful event, usually involving the principal or parents or sometimes both, but rarely ever are the students to blame. She enjoys the teaching but all the extra crap is a pain, all the meetings, the parents, the observations, the paperwork, and the lesson plans. Now we both realize that much of this stress can be attributed to first-year teaching and not having tenure, so we hope everyday that after this first year, everything will get better.

1 Comments:
I think it's teacher karma. The ratio of grief you get as a teacher is proportional to the amount of grief you gave as a student. Something like Gt = Gs^3
Post a Comment
<< Home