Another Weekend
I had a pretty good weekend. It was very pretty out, but I'm afraid it's not going to last. Katie and I went to visit my parents on Saturday. This visit was definitely one of my better visits that I've had in the last few months. Not that we ever do anything exciting when we visit, but at least we went out to a resturant as a family. My sister, her husband, my nephew, my mom, my dad, Katie and myself all ate together, which is rare, unless it's a holiday.
We came back from my parents Saturday night and then we went to the local coffee shop, LiveWire. As usual, LiveWire had live music. Performing that night was this great husband and wife. They played violin, mandolin, guitar, piano, and even sang. Now some people might not enjoy their music, but Katie and I really did. Their sets included Bluegrass, Americana, and Celtic. Let me tell you, I don't know why, but I really love Celtic music. I guess it could be a number of reasons. It could be the use of the different instuments, the flute, violin, etc. It could be that I have either Irish or Scottish heritage. Whatever the reason, I just like it.
Sunday was a laid back day. Katie and I went grocery shopping. I cooked dinner for us and Katie's brother and his wife. While we ate we watched Deep Impact.
Now for anyone that hasn't seen Deep Impact, it's about a meteor that is going to crash to earth. If this story sounds familar, Armageddon also used the same plot, however, Deep Impact takes a different approach. While Armageddon is much more action oriented, Deep Impact is much more story oriented (and in my opinion, Deep Impact is the better of the two movies).

1 Comments:
Deep Impact was hands-down the better of the two movies. The other one was Die Hard in space... okay, not that bad... but that's the jist. Deep Impact delt with people and the emotions and feelings that accompany the possibilty of existance as we know it being taken away from us.
Post a Comment
<< Home