The Life of an Eternal Colonel

I spent one year at a community college and six more at Eastern Kentucky University, now I'm working at EKU. Call me an Eternal Colonel.

Google
 
Web dustinmcclain.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Star Wars Episode III

If you've read my other posts, you've read that I love movies. I tend to lean toward movies that are Scifi in nature or are based on a comic book, and sometimes I just keep on interesting movies or movies staring particular people. I go to particular websites to keep on the latest news on these movies. One thing I try to do though, I try not to read so much about a movie that I ruin the movie or the plot and I try not to get myself so hyped up about it that I get let down when I see it.

Ok, now to what the post is really about. The new teaser for Star Wars Episode III appearred in theatres and on the web this weekend. Let me tell you, I'm trying to not get too hyped up about the movie, but after I saw the teaser, I think this one might actually reach up there with the original trilogy. Now I know it is just a teaser and it's hard to really see how good it will be, but if nothing else, it made me really want to see it.

All of the diehard Star Wars fans were let down when Episode I came out, but I believe that much of that was due to the hype and anticipation that they had built up over the past 20 something years. All I have to say about that is, get over it, enjoy the movies for what they are. There are too many memories tied into the original trilogy, no other movies can ever live up to those memories, just get over it and enjoy the movies for what they are, fun.

1 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Prech it, brotha! One of the things that's wrong with people these days is that they go into movies with way too much expectation. ESPECIALLY if it's an adaptation of a book. There are some things you can do with movies and somethings you can't... and unfortunately due to short attention spans of the average viewer, the studios keep the running time of films down to around 2 hours.

If you don't want a good story, don't go to the movies... if you want 30 minutes of entertainment... watch TV... if there's even anything good still on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home