Better late than never
I realized that I never got a chance to talk about my bachelor party. It's been over a month now (it was May 6-9), but I still need to tell you about it.
First I need to thank my best friend/best man Scott for pulling it all together. He put alot of hard work into it and it paid off.
Scott, myself, Jason, Eric, Brian, and Jarred (my future brother-in-law) went down to Pigeon Forge Tennessee for a long weekend. We left Friday morning and didn't come back until Monday afternoon. Scott booked a great chalet for us for the weekend. It had a pool table, foosball, air hockey, and a hot tub, it was great. Scott also rented a minivan for the weekend, that way we could all ride comfortably down together. Man, that was a nice van.
As we drove down, we met my friend Eric in Mt Vernon. He wasn't going to be able to stay the whole weekend so he drove his own car down. After some bad navigating (which was partially my fault, sorry guys, and partially the chalet's fault) we finally made it. We spent all of Friday afternoon and evening in the chalet, just shooting pool, playing games, and hanging out.
Saturday was our "day out on the town". We left that morning and went down into Pigeon. First stop, miniature golf. It was very fun, even though I sucked. Throughout the rest of the day, we played laser tag twice, rode go-carts twice, and played another round of miniature golf. Three words: fun, fun, fun! From there Eric unfortunately had to depart. That night we had dinner at Damon's, everything there was good, except when Brian realized that he had sat in barbeque sauce, yuck. However, that incident caused the service to be a little better. After Damon's we made one more stop before going to the chalet, China Bazaar. I love that store. Anybody that likes martial arts or swords, or weapons, will just love this place. It has hundreds of knives and swords, Asian weapons, air guns etc. I had to get a sword to commemorate the weekend. Several of the other boys purchased air guns. We then went back to the chalet to hang out and play more games.
Sunday was our day to relax. We stayed in most of the day and hung out playing more games. We hit a few snags with lunch and dinner, but we coped and managed. It was nice just to relax for most of the day.
Finally Monday came and it was time to start heading home. I hated that the weekend had to end, but at the same time I was ready to get back to Katie.
I want to put out a great big thanks to all my friends that came to celebrate with me, and especially Scott for being there and organizing this shindig.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home