Why?
Why must the networks cancel a show before it really has a chance? How can they expect to barely promote a show, put it in the worst timeslot, and not air it regularly and still expect it to pull great numbers? They've done this to many shows, but today I'm talking about Point Pleasant on Fox. Point Pleasant was a very original show with inventive writing that left you wanting more. But because some executive at Fox didn't seem to like, the rest of us will never know what was to come. I've seen this too many times. A great new show starts, but they put it opposite a show like Friends and expect it to win and when it doesn't, they toss it and try something else. Well I'm sick of it. This is the second show this season that I've supported, just to see it yanked without so much as a word to it's fans.
Maybe the lesson I need to take from this is to stop watching the good original shows, they'll just be replaced by some reality show. Don't get me wrong though, one of my favorite shows is Amazing Race, but we need more than reality, I turn to the TV to talk me away from reality, but it's getting harder and harder to escape it everyday.

1 Comments:
Why watch OTHER people's lives when you can just enjoy your own! ... drama, comedy, trajedy... it's all there. Look no further than your own life.
Post a Comment
<< Home