The Life of an Eternal Colonel

I spent one year at a community college and six more at Eastern Kentucky University, now I'm working at EKU. Call me an Eternal Colonel.

Google
 
Web dustinmcclain.blogspot.com

Monday, January 31, 2005

The End.

You watch a show for several years, watching each character develop and grow. These characters become part of your life and sometimes even feel real, almost like a family member you watch from the distance or through home videos. When that show comes to an end, you ask yourself "What's next?" or "Now what?".

Even though it is just a show (and you know it) you can't but feel a loss when it comes to an end. Am I the only one that feels this way or are there others out there just like me?

In a way, I've been avoiding watching the final episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, knowing that it was going to end. But I finally had to do so, so yesterday I finished the series. After watching all the seasons (7 seasons and about 151 episodes), it was hard to see it end.

So I say goodbye to all the great characters of Buffy; Buffy, Willow, Xander, Anya, Dawn, Giles, and Spike, it's been great. Sure I can go back anytime and watch the series again (I own all 7 seasons on DVD) but it's just not the same as the first time I got to watch each of those episodes.
I know that it is just a show, but it was great show. I encourage each and every one of you to give it a chance (if you haven't already). It started out a mediocre show and turned itself into a masterpiece. How many shows can incorporate action, drama, comedy, sci-fi, horror, and just about everything into a show. Not many. But show after show BtVS did just that, you never knew what kind of show you in for.

It will be sorely missed, but hopefully it will live on as others discover and enjoy the show that is ...Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

2 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Touching. :'(

I'm on season 3, and I can't WAIT to get to the end of the season! I'm very jealous that you're so far, and I'm so far behind. But, hey, there will be other shows... I mean, y'know... Friends still has two seasons to release on DVD. And Smallville isn't going anywhere just yet... and there's plenty of Stargate SG-1!!!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Dustin said...

True, but I'm not as invested in any of those shows...yet. Plus I have Roswell to start watching, then there's Smallville and of course Charmed, which by the way was released today. There are plenty of good shows out there but it will take some time for them to be up there with Buffy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home