The Life of an Eternal Colonel

I spent one year at a community college and six more at Eastern Kentucky University, now I'm working at EKU. Call me an Eternal Colonel.

Google
 
Web dustinmcclain.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Shaun of the Dead

With all the zombie movies out there (see my review on 28 Days Later) what more can be done to expand this subgenre? I'll tell you, turn it into a romantic-comedy horror movie. Now you're probably asking "What the @$!!? How can they possibly combine a romantic comedy with a zombie movie?" Believe it or not, they did it, and with great results.

Shaun of the Dead comes to us from our movie brethren in the UK. The story starts out with Shaun, played by Simon Pegg, who spends most of his time at the local pub. He lives with best friend and is a manager for a store. His girlfriend Liz breaks up with him because the only place he takes her is to the pub. As the movie progresses, Shaun and the others realize that everyone in turning into zombies. Shaun decides he has to save his family and friends from the danger and the fun begins.

Shaun of the Dead shows us what a movie can do if it just thinks outside the box. Who would have ever thought that a romantic comedy about zombies would work? Well, it does, more than you could ever guess. This movie has sidesplitting laughs, it has emotional moments, and it even has a few scares.

Shaun of the Dead is a great movie, so great in fact that I'm going to give it a 9.5 out of 10. With some many elements, you just can't go wrong. I believe that just about everyone will get something out of this movie. So don't wait, go out and find Shaun of the Dead and watch it, and as always...Enjoy!

1 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Did I see this one with you? I can never remember anymore.

Oh my gosh! This was one of the most funny, gut-wrenching, cookie-spilling, gag-reflexing movies I've seen! It starts out very romantic-comedy like... twists into a horror... flips into a drama... then does a triple sow-cow to mix all three of these into one. Toward the end of the movie, you're crying because you're laughing so hard, and you're laughing because you're crying... the director takes you on so many emotional rollercoasters, you'll think you've spent the day at Kings Island!

I liked it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home