The Life of an Eternal Colonel

I spent one year at a community college and six more at Eastern Kentucky University, now I'm working at EKU. Call me an Eternal Colonel.

Google
 
Web dustinmcclain.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Spanglish

Spanglish stars Adam Sandler, Tea Leoni, Cloris Leachman, and introduces us to Paz Vega. Adam Sandler plays a successful chef/restaurant owner that is married to Tea Leoni's character who is now unemployed. Paz Vega plays a Mexican woman that speaks no English and is hired to be their housekeeper, all the while, their family seems to falling apart.

If you’re looking for one of Adam Sandler's typical Happy Madison movies, you will be disappointed; this is not one of those kinds of movies. Adam Sandler uses this movie to show us yet again that he is capable of playing characters other than Billy Madison and Waterboy. While his performance may not win him an Oscar, he really deserves some recognition for his portrayal of a loving father and a generally good person. Sandler actually makes you feel invested in his character.

Spanglish may contain a few movie clichés, but its story feels original and refreshing. This movie is a very good movie with plenty of great characters. If you are looking for a different kind of movie, I highly recommend you watch it, which is why I'm going to give it a 9.5 out of 10. Sandler's at the top of his game with the heartfelt story. Go watch it and enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home