The Life of an Eternal Colonel

I spent one year at a community college and six more at Eastern Kentucky University, now I'm working at EKU. Call me an Eternal Colonel.

Google
 
Web dustinmcclain.blogspot.com

Monday, December 13, 2004

Something a little different

I'm going veer off a bit from my normal movie reviewing and discuss my weekend. It was so great to have a weekend where I didn't have to go "out of town" and I had no real commitments, except to myself and Katie.

This weekend, the dojo (karate school) that Katie and I go to, had a competition. I decided to compete and much to my surprise, I actually received 1st place in Kicking and 1st place in Kata (forms). It was nice to see that I could at least hold my own. Katie also did very well and look very good out there competing, I'm very proud her. It is so great that she has also found an interest in Karate, it just gives us another thing in common and something else that we can do together.

Later Saturday night we went to see Ocean's 12 (see review) with Jarred. Which leads me to another great thing about Katie's and my relationship together; we both have a love for movies. (If you don't believe me, just check out our collection of DVD's, most of the movies I review come from our own collection.) Katie and I spend much of our time at home watching movies and the occasional TV shows on DVD (including Buffy, Smallville, and a few others).

It's so great to find someone that you love and enjoy do the same things together. Just 194 days until we are married.

I hope your weekend went as well as mine did.

2 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger AAGIL said...

Awww...this entry gave me warm fuzzies...

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Scott said...

yeah, it gave me a warm feeling, too. Oh, no. That was the hot vanilla chai. It made me think warm feelings, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home