The Life of an Eternal Colonel

I spent one year at a community college and six more at Eastern Kentucky University, now I'm working at EKU. Call me an Eternal Colonel.

Google
 
Web dustinmcclain.blogspot.com

Monday, November 29, 2004

13 Going on 30

I need to start out by saying that I've never had the pleasure of watching Alias, but Jennifer Garner kicked butt as Elektra in Daredevil. If her character on Alias is anything like that of Elektra, wow. Garner can do action, so can she do comedy? The answer is...absolutely.

At the beginning of the movie, we find this girl who has turned 13 and wants nothing more than to be popular (don't we all). When the "popular girls" come to her birthday party, they play a trick on her and leave her in a closet, and because of this, she wishes that she could be 30 years old. Much to her surprise, she wakes up the next day, 30 years old and the editor of her favorite magazine poise. As with all movies of this type, she starts to get used to being in the body, but eventually wishes she could go back to being 13.

Garner does a wonderful job playing a child in an adult body. She makes you feel like there really is a 13 year girl inside with all her innocence. All of the secondary characters are great too. The story is nothing new, but it’s done in a new way.

I'm going to give a 9.0 out of 10. This is a fun movie, great for a date, and it will definitely make you smile. The Thriller scene alone is enough to make anyone smile and that scene is what gave this movie that extra .5. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home