The Life of an Eternal Colonel

I spent one year at a community college and six more at Eastern Kentucky University, now I'm working at EKU. Call me an Eternal Colonel.

Google
 
Web dustinmcclain.blogspot.com

Monday, November 15, 2004

Great Weekend

This weekend finally felt like a good, fun, and relaxing weekend. Katie and I went to an Escrima seminar Saturday morning. For those of you that don't know what escrima is, Escrima (sometimes also known as Kali or Arnise) is marital art from the Philippines. It makes use of one or two short sticks, usually about two feet in length. We were suppose to have a special instructor for this event, but his car broke down on the way here, so instead our own instructor headed the seminar. This was Katie's first time and I think she really enjoyed it. I've been taking escrima for a little over two years now.

After the seminar, we went home and got ready to go up to Hamburg in Lexington. Right as we were about to leave, we received a phone call from Katie's brother Jarred. Believe it not, they were already up at Hamburg and had called us to see if we wanted to join them. So we did. We went to several stores. I purchased a few shirts and ties. After we shopped, we decided to go see a movie. Katie and I had planned to go see the Incredibles this weekend, but since Jarred and his wife Kelly had already seen it, we all decided to go see the Polar Express (see review).

After the movie, we all went to eat and then came home and crashed.

On Sunday, Katie and I slept in. After we got ourselves up and going we decided that we go to mall and have some lunch and then see a movie. Since we didn't get to see the Incredibles (see review) on Saturday, we went to see it.

After the movie we walked around the mall and looked at wedding bands. Side note: there are way too many choices out there for bands. Katie and I finished the evening watching the movie Spawn (see review).

It was just a great weekend getting to do the things I enjoy, and spending time with the woman I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home