The Life of an Eternal Colonel

I spent one year at a community college and six more at Eastern Kentucky University, now I'm working at EKU. Call me an Eternal Colonel.

Google
 
Web dustinmcclain.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Movie Pet Peeve

Or should I say, movie watchers pet peeve.

My last post about the Star Wars teaser reminded me about this. I used to know a person that would watch a movie and pick it apart. They couldn't be satisfied with any movie. There was always something wrong with it. No matter how good the movie was, it didn't matter if they liked the movie or not, there was always something wrong with it.

Now I admit, if I sit down and analyze every movie I've ever seen, I can find something wrong with every one of them, but that's not my style. My friend Scott and I have pretty much the same mentality when it comes to this. I watch a movie to enjoy it. I try to suspend all of my disbelief and just emerge myself in the movie. It is hard to do sometimes but I do it. There are very few movies out there that I can't find enjoyable. I really believe that's why movie are here, to enjoy, not really any other reason. Do they end up serving other purposes, of course. Movies might make you think about certain issues or they might be there to bring out certain emotions.

All I'm saying is, enjoy movies for what they are, entertainment. Every movie has their flaws. Get over it or make your own damn movie.

1 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger Scott said...

I know who you're talking about! Heh heh heh....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home