The Life of an Eternal Colonel

I spent one year at a community college and six more at Eastern Kentucky University, now I'm working at EKU. Call me an Eternal Colonel.

Google
 
Web dustinmcclain.blogspot.com

Monday, November 29, 2004

Thanksgiving

I'm going to backtrack about a week before I talk about this weekend.

Last weekend Katie and I went up to her parents and then from there to her grandparents. We celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas while we were there. In order to compensate for everyone's families, Katie's grandmother decided to celebrate a week early and thank goodness she did, because it would have made for a hectic Thanksgiving weekend. Everything went really well though.

Fortunately, now that I work at Eastern, I get weekends and Holidays off. I worked Monday and Tuesday, but I only had to work until 11 on Wednesday. Katie was off Wednesday so shortly after I got home from work we drove to my parents. We spent the night. When we woke up Thanksgiving morning we enjoyed the Macy's Day Parade. Shortly after that we ate our Thanksgiving "dinner" with my family. We ate plenty of food and savored every bit of it including the wonderful cake and pies and the broccoli casserole that Katie made. After all that food, we were too full to move so we decided to play some games. We started with the card game "31" and ended with yahtzee. We drove back home later that evening. Overall is was a very good holiday with my family.

Friday morning we woke very early (5am) and went shopping (more on this in a bit). Later that afternoon Jarred (Katie's brother), Kelly (his wife), Katie, and I all got in the car and drove up to Katie's parents. That night we went to see National Treasure (see review) in the theatre.

Saturday we played cards (31 and Texas Hold'em). We opened some gifts from Katie's mom that included some wonderful christmas decorations and ornaments. Later that afternoon, all of us went to Katie's other grandparents for dinner. We, again, feasted on another big and wonderful Thanksgiving meal. After the meal, a majority of the family played some games including Taboo and enjoyed the company. Then we went back to Katie's parents and decided to play some more cards.

After waking up Sunday, we ate a big breakfast and headed off to our Richmond home.

I wouldn't mind if most of our holiday's were similar to this past weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home