The Life of an Eternal Colonel

I spent one year at a community college and six more at Eastern Kentucky University, now I'm working at EKU. Call me an Eternal Colonel.

Google
 
Web dustinmcclain.blogspot.com

Monday, November 29, 2004

Love, Actually

Love, Actually, brought to us by the same guy that brought us Mr. Bean, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill and Bridget Jones. Once again he has done a wonderful job, bringing us several great stories of "love" and finding a way to intertwine them all. The movie consists of different mini-stories of different kinds of love, consisting of new love, young love, foriegn love, affair love, and family love among others.

I will have to admit however, the first time I watch the movie, I had trouble keeping the characters straight. There are over a dozen characters that shine in this movie and not one of them are spotlighted more than the others. This is the only drawback I saw in the movie, but it was only a drawback the first time I watched. At the same time however, this shows the brillance of Richard Curtis. He is able to make us vested in all of these wonderful characters, which is typically hard for any movie to do with just a few characters, let alone this many. I really enjoyed every single one of the characters.

Some people may have issues with one of the couples. One particular couple meet on the set of a movie. By profession they what can be referred to as body doubles. In other words, their naked bodies are shown on screen instead of the body of the stars of the movie and they act out sexual scenes. So, be warned, there is plenty of nudity in their scenes.

Overall, this a great movie and I give it a 9.5 out of 10 and the only reason it doesn't get a perfect ten is because of the little bit of confusion I had the first time I watched it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home