Blade:Trinity
The Blade franchise comes back full force with some new additions in this latest (and most likely final) installment. Goyer (the director and writer) introduces us to several new faces, two of which include Hannibal King (Ryan Reynolds) and Abigail Whistler (Jessica Biel).
Most people will recognize both of these actors from previous work. Ryan Reynolds is known for his role in Two Guys and a Girl and as the title role in Van Wilder. If you're like me, you're first thought is, why would they pick this highly comedic actor for a hard-core action movie like Blade? After seeing this movie however, I see why. His role was perfect for him. He was able to blend action with some very hilarious dialogue. The scenes that revolved around his character and Parker Posey's character were sidesplitting (as a side note, Reynolds and Posey were allowed to improv those scenes several times and the results were great). Reynolds' character was a definite highlight of the movie.
Next up, they introduced us to a side of Jessica Biel that most people have never seen and never expected to see. Most people know Biel for here role in 7th Heaven, but this is definitely not 7th Heaven. Biel plays the very kick-ass Abigail Whistler (Whistler's daughter). Biel trained very hard for this role and it shows. She beats up the bad guys like she's been training for a very long time. Again, Goyer did a spectacular job is giving us this character and actress. Movies are almost always better when you add a female that can handle it with the "big boys".
After watching this movie, I would have to say that it is probably my favorite of the three, or it at least ties with the first one. It had great story, and never felt like a letdown, unlike many other sequels that have come out. The action was constant enough to keep me going, but it wasn't all action. The cast was rich with acting talent and the characters were well-written.
There are talks of giving Biel and Reynolds their own spinoff movie and I hope they do, I loved their characters and I think you will too. I absolutely enjoyed this movie, so I'm going to give it 9 out of 10. If you like the other Blade movies, go see this one, if you didn't, maybe you should give this one a try, you might change your mind. Enjoy!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home