The Life of an Eternal Colonel

I spent one year at a community college and six more at Eastern Kentucky University, now I'm working at EKU. Call me an Eternal Colonel.

Google
 
Web dustinmcclain.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Blade

With the release of Blade:Trinity today, I thought that I would review the original Blade. In the world of comic books, Blade is considered a third-tier character. His character isn't used extensively and his appearance doesn't typically cause someone to buy the comic book that he's appearing in. However, this movie changed all that. This movie made him a cool character again. This movie was written by David Goyer, who incidentally, also wrote the two Blade sequels and the Batman movie that is currently being filmed.

Blade is played superbly by Wesley Snipes. Snipes was a wonderful choice for Blade. His previous action movie experience worked well and the fact that he has a 5th degree black was icing on the cake. He's great with the fighting scenes (he’s appears natural at it) and he plays the hard-nose, no joke personality of Blade marvelously.

I have to say that Goyer's story is first-rate, giving us action with a great story too and that’s where alot of action films lack, they lack a good story. However, this story is not for the faint of heart. There are several scenes that are very graphic and bloody. So, I would not recommend this movie for anyone that the sight of blood has an effect on.

I enjoy this movie thoroughly and I break it out often, sometimes just to watch the fight scenes. I'm going to give Blade an 8.5 out of 10. This movie is definitely for anyone that likes action movies, but it would not have much of an appeal for those that are not a fan of the action. So, enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home