The Life of an Eternal Colonel

I spent one year at a community college and six more at Eastern Kentucky University, now I'm working at EKU. Call me an Eternal Colonel.

Google
 
Web dustinmcclain.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Garden State

Garden State is written by, directed by and stars Zach Braff, most know for his role of J.D. on the TV show Scrubs. This movie has won much praise on the independent movie scene and deserving so. As I said, this movie stars Zach Braff in the title role of Andrew and co-stars Natalie Portman (Queen Amidala of Star Wars fame) as Sam.


Andrew comes home for the first time in many years, after his mother drowns in the bathtub. Having avoided his father and several old friends for so long, he finally has deal with certain things in his life. Along the way he meets Sam, who, by the way, is a compulsive liar. As the movie progresses, Andrew and Sam start to grow very fond of each other.

In some ways this movie might sound much like other "love stories", but it far from it. The characters are rich and interesting, each with very unique personalities. They make you want to have a vested interest in Andrew and Sam, and you want to know what's going to happen to them. The movie is a journey that you'll want to follow.

The acting, the writing, all of it is superb. Garden State is very different kind of movie and you'll either love it or hate it, I don't think there is an in between for this one. I do think however, that if you don't like it, you'll still be able to appreciate it. I'm going to give this movie my first ever 10 out of 10. I loved it and I hope you will too. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home