The Life of an Eternal Colonel

I spent one year at a community college and six more at Eastern Kentucky University, now I'm working at EKU. Call me an Eternal Colonel.

Google
 
Web dustinmcclain.blogspot.com

Monday, October 24, 2005

Bonjour!

Okay, okay. I know it's been a little while since my last real post, so I thought that I give a brief update as to what has been happening in my life.

First off, I've obviously gotten married since my last real post. It was very beautiful and my bride Katie was even more beautiful. Everything went really smooth minus a few small gliches that morning, but they weren't anything that we couldn't take care of.

Next, we went on our honeymoon to Jamaica. The resort we stayed out was great (it was Sandal's resort), though on route to resort I realized just how impoverished Jamaica really is. While we were on our honeymoon we got to drink and eat as much as we wanted. It was wonderful. We also made it a point to participate in a program that let you "swim with the dolphins". We were able to hold and touch and even received a kiss from it. It was definitely a once in a lifetime experience and well worth the money spent.

Since coming back our focus has been on us, our friends and family, our dog Quinn, and our house. I've worked diligently on various aspects of our house, especially the yard. We've come to realize just how bad of a job the builders did on it. So far I've found wood, bottles, siding and several boulders that were preventing any grass from growing in the spots they were buried. I've made incredible progress but I still have a lot a work to go before we can get our yard the way we want it.

I don't know if Katie wants me mentioning this one or not, but she also started Weight Watcher's after we got back from our honeymoon. She done such a wonderful job so far and I'm incredibly proud of her. I know there is no way I could have the will power and determination that she has had so far. She's now lost over 15 pounds and I have no doubt that she will make her goal weight.

Most recently school is back in session. Katie's teaching (and taking a master's class) and I'm also back in class. I'm taking my second French class. See, I've decided to get a degree in French. I really enjoy foreign languages (having already taking some Spanish and Japanese in the past) so I thought it would be great to get a degree in a language. My other deciding factor for earning another degree is my job. Now don't get me wrong the job's not terrible, I just can't sit behind a desk for the rest of life. I used to think that I would like this, but it's not at all fulfilling. Unlike teaching karate, which at times can be very fulfilling to me. So I've decided that I'm going back to school to get a degree in French so that I can hopefully one day teach it at the college level. So here I am adding to my cumulative time here at EKU and adding to my status as an Eternal Colonel.

So that's where I am. Mostly going to work, class, and karate while trying to make as much time as I can for my beautiful and loving wife Katie.

P.S. To see pictures from my life including the wedding, the house, and even my dog, check out http://mcclain.myphotoalbum.com

1 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Scott said...

YAY! Dustin posted again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home