The Life of an Eternal Colonel

I spent one year at a community college and six more at Eastern Kentucky University, now I'm working at EKU. Call me an Eternal Colonel.

Google
 
Web dustinmcclain.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Another day

Here I am yet again sitting at my desk at work. I'm doing everything I can to stay awake. The building is scorching and it isn't helping me any. Right now I should really be working on a newsletter for work. I've been "working" on this project for over two months now and I've gotten very little accomplished. I don't know why I haven't finished it yet, I think part of it is subconsciously I'm making my self work on everything except it. I can do the work. I had to pass a course in desktop publishing for my degree, but that was a little different. No one, besides my teacher, was going to see it, but now this is going to be sent out to hundreds of people.

Back when I was told that I was going to have to do this newsletter, I was under the impression that all I would be doing was setting it up and making it look pretty. You know, the technical side of it, while my coworker provided the content. But no, the project was instead tossed wholly onto me. I have to do it all. I've never the creative type. In English class, I was that guy that could tell you all the grammar rules, but when it came to writing a poem, I was screwed.

So here I am, finding more ways to procrastinate until I come to that point where I have no choice but to get it finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home