The Life of an Eternal Colonel

I spent one year at a community college and six more at Eastern Kentucky University, now I'm working at EKU. Call me an Eternal Colonel.

Google
 
Web dustinmcclain.blogspot.com

Friday, December 02, 2005

Le week-end!

Right now I'm sitting here at work counting down the minutes until my weekend officially begins. The work week feels like it is getting longer and longer as I seem to relive scenes from the movie Office Space (more on that some other time). But hey, at least it affords me the time to continue with my classes and to surf the 'net.

Last weekend was of course, Thanksgiving. Katie and I traveled most of it. On Tuesday we went to Somerset to see our good friend Scott in a stage adaption of A Christmas Story. As usual we enjoyed Scott performance. From there we went to my parents and stayed there Wednesday and part of Thursday. Thursday my family had Thanksgiving at my aunt's house. After dinner, Katie and drove back home to prepare for shopping on Friday.

Friday started early as Katie and I got up at 3:30 in the morning to go to the Black Friday sales with Jarred and Kelly. Now shopping is always hectic on this day, but it can be fun and if you plans things out, you can get the majority of your shopping down and do it cheaper than you would have otherwise. We ended up going to Wal-mart, JC Pennys, Goody's, Sears, Office Max, Hastings, and Lowe's.

After shopping, we went home, packed up, and headed to Brandenburg for Thanksgiving with Katie's family. That night some us went to go see Rent in the theatre, and let me tell you, it was great. It is now probably one of my top ten movies. They did a wonderful job with it. Now of course, I was already a fan of the stage version, but that doesn't matter, the movie was excellent. Remember though, if you don't like musicals, you won't like this movie, but I think everyone else should give it a chance.

Saturday we went to Katie's grandparent's house for another Thanksgiving dinner. Much to our surprise, our dog, Quinn, actually played very well with one of the other dogs that was there. Maybe there's hope for her yet. After we ate and visited for a while we then drove back home. That night we were invited to go see Harry Potter with some friends. We had already seen it, but we wanted to see it again, plus it gave us a chance to see some friends we don't get to see very often. It was really nice to see them again. Unfortunately life gets in the way and you don't get to see your friends as often as you like.

Finally, on Sunday we went to Lexington to do some more Christmas shopping. Now we're almost done, just a few people left to shop for and we already have ideas of what to get them.

Well that was our weekend. Nothing incredibly exciting, but it was very busy none the less.

2 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger Scott said...

The parts I was in were a lot of fun!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger AAGIL said...

As one of those friends you don't get to see that often... Ditto! It was great fun! I'm glad you guys came.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home