MLK Weekend
This past weekend was great. One of the nicest perks of working for the university is all the holidays off, including Martin Luther King Jr's Day and because of that I had a three day weekend.
The weekend started out good, we slept in (some later than others). Later in the afternoon we went to Lexington mainly to spend the gift cards that I received from my mother-in-law. She picked a great place to get the cards from...Best Buy. Best Buy is one of my favorites stores, especially when they run a sale on DVD's. This weekend was no different, they had certain TV DVD box sets at buy one get one free. Music to my ears. I walked out of there with 4 movies and 2 box sets. We decided to use a gift card to Rafferty's that we received for Christmas. However, we were extremely disappointed with their food. Let's just say we won't be going back there on our own. We also visited a few other stores including Target where I purchased a nice blazer for relatively cheap.
Sunday marked the big football game between The Pittsburgh Steelers and The Indianapolis Colts. In first half, the Steelers dominated, but late in the second half the Colts started to catch up. After a very nerve-racking finish, the Steelers pulled off the win. Go Steelers! After the game we hung out with Jarred and Kelly and watched a couple of movies.
Monday was another day of relaxing, we watched some more movies, then later in the day, went to the mall to do a little more shopping with the gift cards that we had. Katie walked out of there with 3 shirts, a blazer, a purse, and a pair of shoes. I purchased a pair of jeans and a pair of shoes. We finished off the night watching another movie.
Over the course of the weekend we watched six movies which included Sky High, Mr & Mrs Smith, Fever Pitch, Saw, Into the Blue, and 40-year old Virgin.
All and all it was a really good weekend. I got to spend plenty of alone time with my wife while also getting out a bit.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home