The Da Vinci Code
Most people now know, at least in part, what the story of The Da Vinci Code is all about. So I'm not going to delve into the story. Now before some big theology debate surfaces, The Da Vinci Code is a work of fiction, so I will review it as one.
The Da Vinci Code reeled in some big names for this movie, Tom Hanks, Ron Howard, and Sir Ian McKellan just to name a few. As with most movies based on books, the screenplay writer took some liberties and changed a few things here and there. None of these changes affect the story much, though. I must admit however that I am dumbfounded as to why they changed the ending just a bit. My only guess is so that they could give those that have read the book a bit of a surprise.
As with any movie that I go see, I go for the enjoyment of it and this movie delivers. There are several good characters, lots of thrills, and if you've never read the book, plenty of surprises. My only "disappointment" (for lack of a better word) was the feeling of nonstop action and urgency that I felt when I read the book. The whole time I was reading the book I just had to keep reading, just one more chapter. The movie missed some of that somehow.
All and all The Da Vinci Code is a wonderfully good time at the movies, so i suggest that you go out and see. And if you've never read the book, I definitely recommend that too along with any of the other books written by Dan Brown. They're all great.

1 Comments:
I enjoyed it as well, and I totally get what you mean when you say there was some things lost in the translation.
Just started Angels & Demons the other day. Loving it as well.
Post a Comment
<< Home