The weekend and Da Vinci
This past weekend went well. I started off my weekend by teaching karate and helping administer a junior blackbelt test at our dojo for two of our younger students. It's always interesting to see how these kids have grown over the past few years, with each of them being quite different.
On Saturday, Katie and I woke up so that we could finish cleaning our house before her parents arrived. After they got here, the four of us and also Katie's brother and his wife all jumped in the car and headed to Lexington to go see a movie. Katie, her mom, and myself went to see "The Da Vinci Code" (see the next post for my thoughts on the movie) while Jarred, Kelly, and Ron went to see "Poseidon". We all enjoyed our movies. Afterwards we all headed over to Max & Erma's for dinner. As usual the food was enjoyable, especially the tortilla soup which I always enjoy. I didn't get to eat their fresh baked cookies this trip, but maybe next time. After we got home, we broke out the game "Scene it" and played it several times. I was on a roll in that game.
Sunday Katie, her mom, and myself went to Wal-mart to pick up a few things. Of course there is no such thing as "a few things" when you go shopping at Wal-mart. Once we got back and Jarred and Kelly got back from Church, we all rode to Berea to check out a crafts fair there. They had some interesting things, but nothing interesting enough for me to buy (though I did get to eat funnel cake, which is always good). It was fun nonetheless. After that we came back to our house. Unfortunately Ron had to leave (some of us still have to work ;) ), the rest of us decided to break out Yahtzee and play a few rounds. It was one of my worst games ever of Yahtzee. When dinner time rolled around, I started cooking enchiladas. Everyone seemed to enjoy them. After dinner, we switched gears and played "Phase 10". I think that game was the best I've ever done on it, I actually made it to the final phase with just about everyone else.
Well, that was pretty much my weekend, so now I'm here back at work, counting the days until next weekend where I get three days off instead of two. Yay!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home