Where oh where could he be?
Okay, so it's been awhile since I've done any kind of updating on my blog. I apologize for that. It's been a little busy this past semester. I've been working my normal full time hours while taking two classes for my French major. Not that this is any real excuse. I honestly haven't done a whole lot online even when I've had the time, which I'm sure would have been more than enough time. Instead I've played games like sudoku. So let's see if I can do any better this time. No promises though.
So here's an update of what's been going on and what's in store.
Katie just finished up her second masters class and will be taking two more this summer. Hopefully these next two won't be quite as bad as this last one. I don't think that the class was hard, but there was an awful lot of tedious work that she had to do. It was an internet class that she had to meet online for once a week for about an hour. I believe that since the student doesn't actually have to go to class, the teachers think they need to make up for it with even more work.
Like I've said I'm taking two classes this semester and both have gone really well so far. I just finished one exam today and I still have one left tomorrow, but hopefully all will go well. I'm trying really hard to get an A in all of my French classes, yes I said "all". I wasn't the best student during my first bachelor's degree so now I have to prove that I am capable and willing to do better, so that way when I try for an assistantship for my masters degree I'll still have a chance. This is probably the first time in a long time that I've actually been excited about school. The last time was probably during my first year in college when I was a music major. I really enjoyed that major but I didn't find the degree all that feasible, all those classes and not much you can do with the degree. After that I switched to a Business major. I don't regret doing it because I wouldn't be where I am today, but this isn't what I really want, hence the new French major.
Katie and I are trying to save everything we can so we can pay to study abroad in Paris next summer. Of course saving is really hard to do when you have bills to pay, especially a house and everything that comes along with it. Right now if we travel to France next summer, I'll be able to graduate in the Spring of 2008. It seems like so far away, but I've got to keep on going.
Katie gets to start her summer vacation in a little over a week. She's really excited and I'm a little jealous in a way, wishing I could be off work with her for the next two and half months. We already have several things planned for this summer. We'll be having a big yard sale as part of our neighborhood's big yard sale. We're planning on checking out the Louisville Irish Fest in June, which should be fun. Also sometime in June we're going to check out Kentucky's first renaissance faire in Eminence, KY. Neither of us have ever been to one, but we thought it would be interesting. My work is paying for me to go to an AATF (American Association of Teachers of French) Conference in Milwaukee, WI in July and Katie is going to be joining me. I don't know if it will fun or boring, but if nothing else it should look great on my resume. Then we'll end our summer with our annual trip to the Karate Camp in Gatlinburg, TN.
Speaking of resume and school and everything else. I'm going to attempt to do a research project over the summer as another thing that I can add to my resume for graduate school. Once I'm done I'm hoping to take this research and present it somewhere, again so I can pad my resume. I may need your guys' help with this so please stay tuned for that one.
I almost forgot, Katie and I are going to try to take swing dance this summer too, but that will only be if Katie's class doesn't conflict. I've always wanted to learn swing dance and have even did the small lessons on campus once, but unfortunately I don't remember much, if any, of it.
I'm ready for the summer to begin, but at the same time I can't wait for the fall to be here because that will mean that I'm just a little closer to finishing my degree.
Well that's more than enough for today, but I promise to try to post more often, so please check back.

1 Comments:
Sounds awesome man!
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment
<< Home